Published on Febbraio 14th, 2014 | by Raffaella Capritti0
AGC GLASS EUROPE
Avenue Jean Monnet, 4 - 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Phone +32 (0)2 409 30 00 - Fax +32 (0)2 672 44 62
Glass for the construction
Based in Belgium, AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world’s largest producer of flat glass. Its baseline “Glass Unlimited” reflects the possibilities offered by:
- glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
- innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
- over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
- a worldwide marketing network;
- its 14,500 employees focused on the Customer.
Business oriented organisation
AGC Glass Europe is operating in the construction, the solar and the automotive industry with an organisation oriented towards these specific markets. Its three divisions – Primary Operations, Building and Automotive – are supported by 7 transversal departments : Technology & Innovation, Supply Chain & Procurement, Finance & IT, HR & Communication, Legal & CSR, Public Affairs & Risk Management and the Strategy Office.
- The Primary Operations Division produces and supplies glass to the Building and Automotive divisions. Primary Operations produces raw glass in large dimensions (generally 6 x 3.21 m) : float, coated glass (online or offline), patterned glass, laminated glass, fire-resistant glass and mirrors. Products are destined for processing. The processing is done either internally by the 2 other divisions, or externally by the customers themselves.
- The Building Division sells and distributes the raw glass to the construction industry (façade glazing and glass for interior decoration), and processes raw glass into finished building products through its Fabrication plants. It also sells and markets glass for solar applications : photovoltaic panels, concentrating solar mirrors (electricity generation) and thermal solar panels (production of hot water).
- The Automotive Division produces, sells and distributes a comprehensive range of automotive glazing (windshields, side windows, rear windscreens, panoramic roofs) for the OEM market (Original Equipment Manufacturing) and the ARG market (Automotive Replacement Glass). Its AVO units (Added Value Operations) add one or more components to automotive OEM glazing (fittings, antennas, rain sensors…) while the ARG activity operates distribution centres and fitting stations. The division also provides added-value products and service in transportation glass for the rail, maritime and specific vehicule markets.
Fill out the form to request information from AGC GLASS EUROPE