Published on febbraio 18th, 2014 | by Raffaella Capritti0
35 rue Baudin, - 92593 Levallois - Cedex
Phone +33 (0)1 55 63 80 10 - Fax +33 (0)1 41 34 30 54
Cellulose-bitumen based roofing and under-roofing material
Onduline, cellulose-bitumen based roofing and under-roofing material, was invented and launched on the French market in 1950 by Gaston Gromier.
The Company was 100% family-owned until March 2006 and was directed by Jean-Charles Gromier from 1960 to 2000 and his brother-in-law Jean-Louis Roques from 1975 to 2006.
In March 2006, the majority of family shareholders sold their shares.
It was an opportunity for Jean-Louis Roques to get in with him two shareholders, the funds for private equity Astorg and Abenex, and suggest the top 50 leaders of the Group to participate in the capital of the Financial OFIC SAS, a financial holding company.
Since 2008, governance of Onduline SA consists of an Executive Board and a Supervisory Board.
The Executive Board is chaired by Jean-Noël Fourel and the Supervisory Board by Jean-Louis Roques.
The strategy followed by Onduline has always been a strategy of growth and development:
Internal growth by gradual conquest of new markets and by successive launches of new products.
External growth through acquisitions of companies in the roofing industry.
The main stages of development were as follows:
- 1950: Launch of Onduline sheet, new roofing material in France.
- 1964: Opening of first 2 non-French sales subsidiaries in Germany and Italy.
- 1973: Industrial investments in Italy and Belgium.
- 1980: Opening of the Spanish subsidiary and later the Portuguese subsidiary.
- 1981: Launch of the under-roofing sheet in Italy.
- 1984: Invention of the world-first and patented process of pre-pigmentation before impregnation with bitumen.
- 1989 to 1994: Successive openings of sales subsidiaries in Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
- 1992: Buying Onduclair, specialist of transparent plastic roofing materials.
- 1994: Launch in Turkey of the commercial and industrial subsidiary Onduline Avrasya.
- 2000-2003: Industrial investment in Malaysia. Opening of sales subsidiaries in Brazil and China.
- 2000 to 2008: Industrial investments in Spain, Poland, Brazil and Russia.
- 2008: Launch of the first cellulose-bitumen based tile Onduvilla. Onduline receives the 1st award from JPMORGAN-HEC for the family business, which has successfully pursued the same growth strategy for 30 years.
- 2008-2010: Launch of new sales subsidiaries in Latin-America (Colombia, Chile, Peru) and Asia (India, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc…).
- 2010: Creating OFIC North America and the purchase of Tallant Industries in the USA, which manufactures and distributes corrugated cellulose-bitumen based roofing materials and transparent sheets made of vinyl and polycarbonate.
Fill out the form to request information from ONDULINE S.A.