Published on maggio 30th, 2014 | by Raffaella Capritti0
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC LTD UK
Grosvenor Place, 40 - SW1X 7AW London - GREAT BRITAIN
Phone 0870 608 8608 - Fax 0203 107 1611
Production: electrical industry
The global specialist in energy management
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications.
Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 150,000 plus employees achieved sales of 23,6 billion euros in 2013, through an active commitment to help individuals and organisations “Make the most of their energy.”
Make the most of your energy
Improve your bottom line while consuming less energy and protect against power outages.
We provide you with solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient and productive.
Energy Efficiency: do more with less
We know that energy demand will skyrocket whilst we will have to drastically cut green house gas emissions.
We also know that more than 40% of GHG emissions, are caused by industry, buildings and residential markets.
We provide energy efficiency solutions, which can achieve up to 30% of energy savings.
Sustainable development: Lead by example
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
This quote from Mahatma Gandhi sums up the mindset of Schneider Electric.
Beyond business solutions, we cover all the aspects of sustainable development: society, governance and environment.
And because you cannot manage what you cannot measure, we follow our improvements with a unique tool: the Planet & Society barometer.
The history of Schneider Electric
The iron and steel industry, heavy machinery, and ship building in the 19th century.
Electricity and automation management in the 20th century.
In 170 years of existence, Schneider Electric has risen to numerous challenges and made major strategic choices to become a leader.
- 1836: The Schneider brothers took over the Creusot foundries (71), which were in difficulty.
Two years later, they created Schneider & Cie.
- 1891: Having become an armaments specialist, Schneider innovated by launching itself into the emerging electricity market.
First half of the 20th century
- 1919: Installation of Schneider in Germany and Eastern Europe via the European Industrial and Financial Union (EIFU).
In the years that followed, Schneider associated with Westinghouse, a major international electrical group.
The Group enlarged its activity to manufacturing electrical motors, electrical equipment for power stations and electric locomotives.
- Post war: Schneider gradually abandoned armaments and turned to construction, iron and steel works and electricity.
The company was completely reorganised in order to diversify and open up to new markets.
Late 20th century
- 1981-1997: Schneider Electric continued to focus on the electrical industry by separating from its non-strategic activities. This policy was given concrete form through strategic acquisitions: Telemecanique in 1988, Square D in 1991 and Merlin Gerin in 1992 became part of the Schneider Electric Group.
- 1999: Development of Ultra Terminal with the acquisition of Lexel, European N°2 in electrical distribution.
In May 1999 the Group was renamed Schneider Electric, to more clearly emphasise its expertise in the electrical field. The Group engaged in a strategy of accelerated growth and competitiveness.
- 2000-2009: Period of organic growth, positioning itself in new market segments: UPS (uninterruptible power supply), movement control, building automation and security through acquisitions of APC, Clipsal, TAC, Pelco, Xantrex, and more.
Fill out the form to request information from SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC LTD UK