Published on febbraio 27th, 2014 | by Raffaella Capritti0
VEKA Windows UK
2 Mercer Road, Essex CM11 1DH - Billericay
Phone 01277 625763 - Fax 01277 637189
VEKA is best known for design innovations in PVC-U window systems
The UK division of the VEKA Group was established in 1986 with the development of a production facility in Burnley, Lancashire.
Word of the company’s sterling reputation spread quickly, and after just a year – an extra 20,000 sq ft of space was added to the factory to accommodate the growth of the business.
Over the years, VEKA plc has continued to expand and has invested heavily in order to develop one of the most impressive manufacturing and distribution plants in Europe.
VEKA is best known for design innovations in PVC-U window systems, we have built up one of the most technically advanced, and aesthetically pleasing product portfolios available in the industry today.
To complement these product developments, VEKA has now completed an infrastructure investment totalling almost £10 million. VEKA plc continues to invest significantly in the technology, plant, new products, IT and skills to equip its customers to meet any challenges the future may hold.
VEKA’s window system was the first in the UK to be awarded the prestigious ‘A’ Rating under the new energy ratings system. This means that it offers superior heat retention – saves you money on your heating bills and helps save the planet.
It’s all in a day’s work…
1986 The UK story begins…
VEKA was Founded in Germany in 1967 as VekaPlast.1986: It expanded enough to build a production unit in the UK – in Burnley, Lancashire.
- 1987: Less than a year old, the company is already expanding. It adds 20,000sq ft to the factory – and buys a third truck!
- 1988: Vekaplast once again leads the industry with a massive investment in state-of- the-art CAD drawing.
- 1989: More expansion, more customers and more variety – the company launches its woodgrain-effect profile. Also Burnley joins in the 20th anniversary celebration.
1990-92 Leading the field…
- 1990: In an industry weighed down by a very mixed quality record, Vekaplast leads the field by launching a major training facility.1991: The name’s VEKA now and, along with yet more expansion, the company hits the road with ‘Big Rig’, the £250,000 Mobile Exhibition Unit.
- 1992: The VEKATRIM foam range is born, based on the acquisition of the Hollicell production unit from GKN the year before.
1993-95 VEKA plc …
- 1993: VEKA takes on plc status – and expands yet again, to Phase V.1994: Investors In People awards VEKA its coveted plaque for unstinting commitment to staff training and personal development.
- 1995: A milestone year for VEKA – and the industry. The birth of the Matrix integrated profile system sets a new industry standard. (A standard that has not been equalled to the present day).
- 1996: The launch of Network VEKA, a unique partnership of extruder, fabricators and installers to deliver the quality message straight to the consumer.2006: Steve Davis OBE and Six time world snooker champion becomes Network VEKA brand ambassador.
1997 Launch of VEKATRIM…
- 1997: A major launch for VEKATRIM, soon to become the fastest-growing part of the company.1998: VEKA takes on more new customers than any year to date.1999: VEKA embraces the Continuous Improvement programme and philosophy, with every member of staff taking an active role in the future of the company.
2000-03 Further UK expansion…
- 2000: VEKA plc posts best ever figures, plus, once again, record gains in new customers.
- 2001: Network VEKA, still going strong, makes headlines at Glassex by announcing accumulated sales of £100million to date.
- 2002: Massive expansion plan announced, to add a state-of-the-art warehousing facility that will more than double the size of the Burnley unit to a massive 38,000sq ft.
- 2003: VEKA enters massive new home improvement sectors with VEKAGATES and the VEKAStyle range of decorative interior panelling.
2005 Positioned for future success…
Increased demand calls for more expansions
- 2005: The biggest step forward since the launch of the Matrix system – Matrix Fully Sculptured brings a stylish new softer look to windows with sculptured edges replacing all chamfers.
- Having launched what the industry considers to be one of the finest fully sculptured systems on the market to complement the widely acclaimed matrix 58 and 70mm system, with other new products ready to go into production – our product range continues to gain acclaim.
- To complement these product developments, VEKA has now completed an infrastructure investment totalling almost £10 million to ensure that our customers are given the service they deserve.
- 2008 – VEKA launch their new Vertical Slider and Fully Reversible windows.
- 2008 – VEKA launches its new Composite Door range.
- 2009 – The launch of the new In-line Sliding Patio Door.
Complete VEKA Windows UK
2 Mercer Road
Essex CM11 1DH
Fill out the form to request information from VEKA Windows UK