Published on giugno 24th, 2014 | by Sara Leonardi0
Polymeric sand EUROSTONE BOND
DESCRIPTION OF POLYMERIC SAND EUROSTONE
2016 NEW VERSION IMPROVED BY 20%
EUROSTONE BOND is the first polymeric sand specifically designed for natural stone. It can be used in an application of drainage and non-drainage base systems. It is perfect for stone roads, piazzas, driveways, pathways & stone apron driveways. This complete multi-purpose sand is available in three colors: Beige, Slate Grey and Ivory. It sets above the freezing temperature 0°C and can be used for joints up to a maximum of 3.75 cm.
- Plazas, streets (Pedestrian and vehicular traffic)
- Paved sloping areas
- Driveway aprons
- Pool surroundings
- Can be used for stone joints up to a maximum of 3.75 cm.
- Sets at above freezing temperature 0°C.
- Helps prevent weed sprouting and the damages caused by insects.
- Helps prevent erosion due to climatic conditions, such as wind, rain and freezing.
- EUROSTONE BOND can be applied for drainage base systems. However a minimum of 1 hour of no rain is needed after installation.
- EUROSTONE BOND can be applied for non-drainage base systems. However a minimum of 24 hours of no rain is needed after installation.
- Does not haze natural stones.
- Intact pallets can be stored outside.
APPLICATION ON A DRAINAGE BASE SYSTEM
FOR A NEW STONE JOB:
Install natural stones on a bedding sand. Make sure that the stones are completely interlocked.
Make sure that the top surface of the stones is dry. Sweep EUROSTONE BOND in between the stone joints and compact them by using a vibrating plate.
Sweep off all excess EUROSTONE BOND that is on the stone surface. Insure that EUROSTONE BOND lies at least 3mm below the top of the stones.
Using a leaf blower, blow off all EUROSTONE BOND residue lying on the stone surface or you can also use a vacuum to remove the remaining residue.
Direct a fine mist of water in the air so it will gently land on on the stone and joint surface and naturally moisture the sand joint. Proceed for 10 to 15 seconds. Wait 3 to 4 minutes (not longer) and repeat the fine mist of step 5 a maximum of 2 more times. However, stop misting when you see a minimal amount of water retention on the stone joints.
Repeat the directions of step 5, for all other stone areas that have not been misted with water.
The water used in step 5 will activate a bonding action as well as condense EUROSTONE BOND sand in the joints. Too much water will undo the dense compaction and reduce the final perfomance of EUROSTONE BOND. If steps 3 & 4 are not done properly, a white haze may be apparent on the stone surface after the installation. This is due to excess residue left on the stone surface. This haze will dissipate over time. It can also be removed using the Gator Efflorescence cleaner.
FOR A NON-DRAINAGE BASE SYSTEM FOR A NEW STONE JOB:
- Make sure that the stones are completely fixed in concrete bed and cannot move.
- Make sure that the top surface of the stones is dry. Sweep EUROSTONE BOND in between the stone joints. If joint is more than 6cm in depth, this operation will then need to be done by increment of 3cm.
- Sweep off all excess EUROSTONE BOND that is on the stone surface. Insure that EUROSTONE BOND lies at least 3 mm below the top of the stones.
- Using a leaf blower, blow off all EUROSTONE BOND residue lying on the stone surface or you can also use a vacuum to remove the remaining residue.
- Direct a fine mist of water in the air so it will gently land on a certain stone area for 10 to 15 seconds. Wait 3 to 4 minutes (not longer) repeat misting and rinsing a maximum of 2 more times. However, stop misting when you see a minimal amount of water retention on the stone joints.
- Allow 24 hours between each layer of sand with a maximum thickness of 6cm to fully obtain it’s maturity before applying the next layer of sand and repeat the directions of step 5, for all other stone areas that have not been misted with water.
METHOD FOR APPLYING EUROSTONE BOND AS PART OF AN EXISTING STONE JOB:
Using a pressure washer, remove all the existing joint filling material from the top of the stones to the bottom. Follow step 2 to step 6 of NEW STONE JOB instructions.
Do not apply on wet or damp surface since bonding action will cause Eurostone Bond to stick on surface and avoid proper sliding in joint. Do not use if rain is forecasted within 1 hour. Avoid excessive watering or flooding of paved surfaces. When installing stones around an underground pool, a 1° slope of 3 mm per linear foot away from the pool is mandatory. All other paved stone surfaces must also have a drainage slope of 1° for the Eurostone Bond to work at its optimum. For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints.
EUROSTONE BOND is recommended for a variety of uses, including pool sides, patios, foot paths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements etc…
WITH A DRAINAGE BASE SYSTEM: The stone pavers have to be installed on a system composed of 2 layers. The upper layer can have a maximum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) of bedding sand. The lower layer must have a minimum of 12.5 cm of crushed stone compacted at 95% Proctor density.
WITH A NON-DRAINAGE BASE SYSTEM: You must have a minimum 1° top surface slope for proper water run off for both systems.
See Internet site www.alliancegtaor.com for details
Quantity required depends on the shape and size of paving area, the concrete pavers as well as the width of the joints.
Quantity required depends on the shape and paving size as well as the width of the joints.
Narrow Joints: 25kg bag from 6.58 to 8.13m2
Wide Joints: 25kg bag from 2.17 to 4,26m2
PACKAGING: Pallet of 56 bags of 25kg each
COLORS: Slate Grey, Beige, Ivory
PLATIC BAGS: Intact pallets can be stored outside
Fill out the form to request information from EDIL GLOBE SRL