Published on giugno 24th, 2014 | by Sara Leonardi0
Polymeric sand Thorad, the first polymeric sand “all in one” for concrete, stone, ceramic, and brick peavings.
It can be used in an application of drainage and non-drainage base systems. It is perfect for stone roads, piazzas, driveways, pathways & stone apron driveways. This complete multi-purpose sand is available in three colors: Beige, Slate Grey and Ivory. It sets above the freezing temperature 0°C and can be used for joints up to a maximum of 10 cm.
- Plazas, streets (Pedestrian and vehicular traffic)
- Paved sloping areas
- Pool surroundings
- Can be used for stone joints up to a maximum of 10 cm.
- Sets at above freezing temperature 0°C.
- Helps prevent weed sprouting and the damages caused by insects.
- Helps prevent erosion due to climatic conditions, such as wind, rain and freezing.
- THORAD SAND can be applied for drainage base systems. However a minimum of 1 hour of no rain is needed after installation.
- THORAD SAND can be applied for non-drainage base systems. However a minimum of 24 hours of no rain is needed after installation.
- Does not haze natural stones.
- Intact pallets can be stored outside.
Application on a drainage base system or a non drainage base system
For a new stone job:
- Step 1 - Make sure that the top surface of the paver is dry. Sweep THORAD SAND in between the paver joints and compact them (if possible) by using a vibrating plate.
- Step 2 - Sweep off all excess THORAD SAND that is on the paver surface. Insure that THORAD SAND lies at least 3mm below the top of the paver.
- Step 3 - Using a leaf blower, blow off all THORAD SAND residue lying on the paver surface.
- Step 4 - Direct a fine mist of water on the paver surface and shower generously one time the paver surface.
The water used in step 4 will activate a bonding action as well as condense THORAD SAND sand in the joints. Too much water will undo the dense compaction and reduce the final perfomance of THORAD SAND.
Method for applying THORAD SAND of part of an existing paver surface
Using a pressure washer, remove all the existing joint filling material from the top of the stones to the bottom. Follow step 1 to step 4 of NEW PAVER SURFACE instructions.
Do not apply on wet or damp surface since bonding action will cause THORAD SAND to stick on surface and avoid proper sliding in joint. Do not use if rain is forecasted within 24 hours. Avoid excessive watering or flooding of paved surfaces.
THORAD SAND is recommended for a variety of uses, including pool sides, patios, foot paths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, places etc. Prepare sub-surface according local procedure.
Quantity required depends on the shape of elements of paver as well as the width and the depth of the joints.
Quantity required depends on the shape and paving size as well as the width of the joints.
Narrow Joints: 22.7kg bag from 6 to 8 mq
Wide Joints: 20kg bag from 2 to 4 mq
PACKAGING: Pallet of 42 bags of 22.7kg each
COLORS: Slate Grey, Beige, Ivory
PLATIC BAGS: Intact pallets can be stored outside
Fill out the form to request information from EDIL GLOBE SRL